Version 2.2 – CSV Import, Themes, Zoom (Sep 5, 2023)
- Cashculator now requires macOS 12.0 or higher
- Data Import: Keep your financial picture clearer than ever! Now, import your CSV data from your bank, credit card, Amazon account, or any other financial resource. This major addition will streamline your tracking and analyzing in Cashculator, saving you time and ensuring more accurate insights.
- Flexible Transaction Management: You asked, we listened! Our new update allows you to move or copy a transaction to a different category, offering you greater flexibility in organizing your finances.
- Enhanced Accessibility: We’ve optimized our app for everyone. Our new zoom-in feature makes viewing your financial data easier than ever, especially for users with low vision.
- Customizable Themes: Personalize your Cashculator experience! Choose from our newly added color themes, including three that are specially crafted for those with color vision deficiency (CVD). You can also create your own custom color themes.
Version 2.1.3 – Usability fixes
- Highlighting works as expected in the Getting Started Guide (available from the Help menu and the Welcome Window) and all the other Guides available in the Help menu. We made some little editorial improvements to the text as well.
- Once you’ve unlocked the full version, the interface elements asking you to purchase now disappear as expected.
- Fixed a category naming error in the Polish version.
Version 2.1.2 – Stability and usability improvements
- Added keyboard shortcuts for some common commands related to categories.
- “Add a new group” — Command-Option-G.
- “Add a new category inside” — Command-Option-C.
- “Add a new top-level category” — Command-Option-Control-C.
- Remove category — Command-Option-Shift-Delete.
- Improved restoration of document view state between launches.
- Document view state is now saved into the document and is not dependent on a system setting.
- Improved forecasts for average plans with little history of actual transactions.
- Show an alert before deleting a category with transactions.
- Improved reliability of showing Cashculator documents in Finder after renaming and other file operations.
- Fixed caret not showing when switching to Description field in transactions.
- Fixed some calculations with negative-amount plans.
- Fixed category name not refreshing in Both view after renaming.
- Fixed QuickView graphs not refreshing after deleting transactions or after undo.
- Fixed Balance graph calculations when no manual reconciliation amount is entered.
- Disabled beeping when hitting non-accepted keys when entering transactions.
- Fixed a number of crashes.
Version 2.1.0 – CSV Export, disabling categories
- NEW: Export to a CSV file.
- Export any table (including reconciliation and reports)
- Export list of transactions.
- Find “Export” commands in the File menu.
- NEW: Disabling of categories.
- Disabled categories don’t affect totals and allow for quick simple “what-ifs”.
- Find “Disable” commands in a category’s context menu (right-click on a category), or in the Categories submenu in Edit menu.
- IMPROVED: Standalone “new document” window
- UX improvements and Bug fixes
Version 2.0.3 – UX improvements and bug fixes
- Created an entirely new sample document with four scenarios.
- Reconciliation screen improvements.
- Fix the calculation of starting balances.
- Show manually entered starting balance amounts in black and calculated in gray.
- Allow deleting manually entered starting balances.
- Added a shortcut to toggle Show Cents – ⌘⌥0 .
- In reports, fixed display of Y values of the mouse location in scrolled graphs.
- Selected location in Income and Expenses screen is now remembered when you switch between them.
- Fixed generation of automatic actuals.
- Fixed duplicating scenarios with categories that use the “average” plan.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
Version 2.0.2 – Bug fixes
- Fixed a crash when importing Cashculator 1 databases for some locales.
- Fixed a crash when entering reconciliation balance amounts for Dutch users and possibly some other locales.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when moving categories or on other UI actions.
- Fixed icon sometimes unexpectedly changing when editing a category name.
- Improved display of currently selected category icon in the category editor.
- Added live display of amounts on the Y axis of report graphs based on mouse location.
- Improved keyboard navigation in Quick Viewer of transactions and in plan transaction entry.
- Improved sorting of recurring planned transactions in the Quick Viewer.
- Improved appearance of the small Plan and Actual bar graphs in the Quick Viewer
- Lots of fixes and usability improvements to the Quick Viewer of plan and actual transactions.
- Fixed how Cashculator documents would sometimes display in Finder incorrectly as folders instead of a package.
Version 2.0 – Initial version 2 release
Main improvements over previous version
- Weekly planning views (each column in the spreadsheet is a week) in addition to the monthly one in version 1. You can switch freely between them. Reports also add yearly columns.
- Income and expenses categories can now be organized into groups to provide a personalized, higher level view of cash flow.
- Categories are no longer separated into recurring and non-recurring. A plan category can now include both one-time and recurring transactions.
- The transactions are much more flexible now, with precise dates, and better repeating options for the plans. For example, you can have a planned transaction for a bi-weekly salary on prices dates and see it reflected in both the weekly and monthly forecasts.
- Printable income, expense, reconciliation and report tables
- Fully refreshed UI built on modern macOS foundations